We’ve built a culture, unique in the industry, that attracts the best talent and empowers them to thrive.
We’re also passionate about being a light in the community. A We invest in our community regularly, including through pop-up benefit dinners we hold at our kitchen, and through our long-term partnership with the Bay Area Rescue Mission.
Changing the Industry
We recruit the best team members and provide a positive, dynamic environment that keeps them innovative and inspired.
Instead of burning out our full-time management team, as is common in the industry, we offer flexible scheduling, an unlimited vacation policy with a required minimum of three weeks, culinary team growth opportunities, a profit sharing retirement plan, daily organic farm lunches, health club memberships, and full medical and dental benefits.
Componere (verb, Latin): to bring all the parts together
- Bring people happiness and create experiences that will be savored and remembered
- Use the very best restaurants as benchmarks.
- Be profitable in a manner consistent with our values of excellence, responsibility, generosity, and sustainability.
- Strive for excellence and continuous improvement in every area of the company.
- Operate with integrity.
- Be good stewards by utilizing sustainable business practices.
- Build strong and mutually beneficial relationships with event planners, vendors, venues, and purveyors.
- Be a light in the community through the donation of our services and the giving of time and resources to worthwhile organizations.
- Provide a positive outlet for exceptional hospitality professionals to fulfill their calling and change the industry for the better.
Cooking for Cause
We host pop-up multi-course dinners a few times a year. These dinners raise money for nonprofits, with a focus on supporting smaller, high impact organizations that help foster children/orphans or feed the hungry. Componere donates 100% of expenses including all food and labor.
Dinners are limited to sixteen seats and typically sell out within 24-48 hours of being announced. To be notified when the next dinner is announced please contact us.
Bay Area Rescue Mission
The Bay Area Rescue Mission feeds over 1,000 people a day in one of Richmond’s toughest neighborhoods. We partner with them by donating leftover food from our events.
We also participate in their groundbreaking culinary job training program that has been profiled by the likes of The New York Times, NPR, and CBS Evening News. Their top students have the opportunity to accept a paid position in our prep kitchen where they learn valuable fine dining and catering skills.